Dragonflies of Sri Lanka - #04 Green Skimmer


I was strolling in my backyard trying to get some Photos with my Nikon D3200. What I saw was this dragonfly, since I have no macro lens with me, this dragonfly had been perches motionlessly on shrubs and dry twigs for a long time in my backyard. I quickly fixed AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Lens kit lens to my camera so as to make it a macro lens and shot these pics of this Green Skimmer dragonfly (also known as Green Marsh Hawk) resting on a slightly burnt dry twig.

A common dragonfly of gardens and fields. This species can be seen far away from water and occassionally enters houses at night attracted by the light. Breeds in ponds and tanks. Commonly widespread around Australia & other Indian Subcontinent.

ISO-100  f/8 1/160sec

Comments

Popular Posts