Dragonflies of Sri Lanka - #02 Yellow Featherleg


One late evening I found this shiny bodied damselfly resting on a dry leaf in the garden. It was rather quiet dark. As focusing was difficult, I used my Nikon D3200 built-in flash and photographed this damselfly almost lying down with my camera on the ground. Due to the low light I was not able to see the damselfly properly. luckily the shiny body of the damselfly helped in my focus. Even though I was very close to the ground, the background was not clear as it was surrounded by dark bushes. I could later identify that it was a Male Yellow featherleg (also known as Yellow Bush Dart) damselfly.

 Can be Found along ponds, puddles, canals and streams. Flies less than a meter above the ground. It breeds in shallow water collections, such as rainwater puddles and backwaters of streams. Flight season is from August to November. Distributed throughout the oriental region.

ISO -100  f/8 1/25sec

Comments

Popular Posts